Dear Families,
Hello, and hope you are doing well. I wanted to update you on the substitute situation for our classroom. Ms. Gatley and Ms. Urs have been really wonderful and have stayed true to the Kindergarten curriculum while I have been gone. However, they only have substitute credentials and are unable to complete some end of year tasks.
The end of the year is a crucial time for final assessments for report cards and student progress that only credentialed teachers can complete. Therefore, beginning tomorrow, Mrs. Oliphant (I hope I’m spelling it correctly) will join our classroom and shadow Ms. Urs until Friday so she can learn our routines and general day-to-day activities. Both teachers will be in the classroom Wednesday through Friday, and this will allow Mrs. Oliphant to complete many one-on-one assessments with the students. Ms. Urs last day with the class will be on Friday.
Mrs. Oliphant is a familiar face on the Eaton campus. She is a retired teacher and has also been a long-term sub for many other teachers at Eaton so you may recognize her. Please welcome her to our classroom and also help to say goodbye to Ms. Urs on Friday.
Thank you,
Mrs. Yu
No comments:
Post a Comment