Thursday, November 12, 2009

November...

Dear Families,

November is flying by! It was nice to have Veterans Day off this past Wednesday. I didn't get to rest, but that's because I decided to spend a full day with my family. We went to take my puppy, Miya, to her first dog park. She had an extremely great time running around with the other small dogs. Then we took a walk on the Los Gatos Creek Trail. Afterwards, I spent the afternoon preparing a pre-Thanksgiving meal for my family! I tried to make the traditional dishes such as mashed sweet potato with pecans, stuffing, green bean casserole, pot roast (no turkey!), and pumpkin cake. It was exhausting, but well worth it. I hope you also had a nice day off to relax or do something different. Oh... and I got ambitious and set up the Christmas tree early this year... =)



Unfortunately, because of the day off, we missed out on a few of our regular activities. For example, we didn't get to go to computer lab this week... and on Thursday, the music teacher caught the flu so we didn't get to go to music class. Also, we had some computer issues during centers this week, so many students did not get to finish their H pictures... That's ok, we'll try to make up everything next week!

Thank you to Raphael's family for buying 2 books to share with the classroom. Both books are great alphabet books that teach vocabulary. Thank you!

Also, thank you for turning in your turkey feathers this week! You can click on "Photos" to see our November classroom decorations! My favorite project is the scarecrow because it has each child's face on it! Of course, for the website though, I did not take any close-up pictures of the scarecrow.

Enjoy!!!

Mrs. Yu

No comments: