Dear Parents,
I hope you enjoy your night back in first grade! I am excited to get to know your children better throughout this year. Most of the information about my classroom is in this website, however, if you have questions, feel free to email me by clicking on the link below (the two pandas holding an envelope).
It is important that there is consistency between the school and home. I hope you will find my Friday Folder Super Star system helpful to learn about your child's behavior at school. Please recognize their efforts each week by posting the Super Star badges on the wall, refrigerator, or in a special place.
Please look carefully over all the papers that go home on the Friday Folders to see how you can help your child at home. Also, please teach your children responsibility and accountability by making sure they turn in their homework every Friday, are prepared on their sharing day each week, and are ready for spelling and vocabulary tests by Thursday. I encourage students to always try their best in the classroom, even if it is difficult. Finishing their work is essential and I do make students stay in at recess or lunch if they are not completed with the assignments.
Before school, make sure your child is sitting at our lunch table. We line up in the order that children sit at the table, so please do not let your child "cut" in front of others in line. During school, I have taught the students that they must try to use the restroom and drink water during recess and lunch in order to maximize learning time in the classroom. I allow students to use the restroom or drink water during class once a day, but I do not want them to take advantage of this opportunity. After school, please make sure to pick up your child on time.
I know we will have a wonderful year because the students are already working hard and producing great projects. I will be posting thoughts on this site each week or two, so please check back regularly. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment