Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!

I hope all of you had a safe and relaxing vacation! I was happy to spend both weeks with family and friends. During the first week, I went to Lake Tahoe for five days, snowboarding three of those days at Mt. Rose, Northstar, and Squaw Valley. I was very sore afterwards!!! The second week, I celebrated Christmas and New Years close to home and visited many old friends. I am saddened by the devastating news of the tsunamis in Asia, and I hope all of your families and relatives were kept safe from the tragedy.

We will be starting up our regular curriculum and homework packets today. I have included the January BOOK-IT! reading log forms that will be due on February 1st. Please return the December BOOK-IT forms anytime this week. Also included is our January Family Snowman project, similar to the Turkey project we did in November. Please decorate the snowman as a family and be creative using fabric, paper, bows, pom-poms, etc. These will be due by next Friday, January 14th.

Finally, I will be randomly selecting a student to be the Star of the Week beginning this week. If your child is chosen, he or she will bring home a poster on a Monday that needs to be completed and ready to be shared by Friday of the same week. Then they will get to take Beebear, our class stuffed animal, home for the weekend and will get to record in a journal what they did with Beebear. This activity gives us another opportunity to learn more about each student.

Happy 2005! I hope this year is filled with happiness, health, and peace.

No comments: